With the wide range of high-tech home exercise equipment available these days, the leading competitors have to offer more ways to enhance their products. Many offer some level of interaction, while others make working out more of a game.
If you love the idea of making your cycling workouts more fun by riding around interesting and stunning places virtually, Peloton scenic rides could be precisely what you are looking for.
And as of October 2022, Peloton have just thrown up a batch of new scenic rides – we’ve got them all listed here!
In this article, we’ll be covering:
- What Are Peloton Scenic Rides?
- How To Find Peloton Scenic Rides
- What Is So Good About Peloton Scenic Rides?
- What Could Be Improved About Peloton Scenic Rides?
- The Full Guided Peloton Scenic Rides List
- The Complete Time-Based Peloton Scenic Rides Lists
- Does Peloton Have Scenic Rides Based On Distance? The Complete List
Ready to get into the details of Peloton scenic rides?
What Are Peloton Scenic Rides?
Peloton scenic rides allow you to ride through various locations around the world from the comfort of your own home. You are not limited to just riding around these routes, as the feature also works with Peloton Tread.
There are over 230 different Peloton scenic rides that follow routes through various national parks, major cities, and natural locations.
You follow the routes on screen that provide stunning backdrops to keep you inspired for your workouts.
How To Find Peloton Scenic Rides
Peloton had a revamp in 2021, and part of the update was to remove scenic rides from the Peloton app. The Peloton website states that the scenic experience is now only available to people who have a Peloton Bike or Tread and pay for the all-access membership.
You can’t search for specific Peloton scenic rides from the touch screen, so you have to scroll through the extensive Peloton scenic rides lists. They don’t feature in the main class library, so you have to go to the “More” tab on the machine’s home screen.
Here, you can select “Just Ride/Run,” which allows you to just ride without coaching.
Alternatively, you can choose “Scenic Rides/Runs”, which is where you can start scrolling through the different rides available.
What Is So Good About Peloton Scenic Rides?
#1. Variety Keeps Workouts Entertaining
Peloton scenic rides provide variety, which is very important when working out at home. Grinding away on an exercise bike can get boring, but these scenic rides create a more involved experience.
You can tick off all the different locations, whether you prefer the easy-going nature of the timed rides or the challenge of completing the distance rides as fast as possible.
The locations are pretty stunning too, and they give you a chance to get a feeling of what these places would be like if you were ever to visit them.
#2. Quality Production
The audio quality is surprisingly good. When you think about what Peloton had to do to create the scenic rides, they have come up with something that makes a pleasant experience.
For example, they have managed to keep wind noise to a minimum, even on the highest mountain passes.
The production quality is excellent, which includes different filmmaking techniques to keep the rides interesting. Rather than just a single first-person view, Peloton has used drone shots, following shots, and a few other cool angles to keep you entertained and show off the beautiful scenery.
Another aspect of the production quality comes from the dialogue. Rather than just motivational comments, Peloton’s dialogue highlights interesting things about the location you’re riding in.
What Could Be improved About Peloton Scenic Rides?
The Peloton scenic rides are a fantastic way to work out, but there are a few nitpicky things that could be better. However, Peloton will no doubt refine the scenic rides experience over time.
We mentioned the mix of camera angles for each ride, which is excellent; however, you sometimes feel a little removed from the ride. This feeling comes from too many drone shots rather than riding along with someone.
In addition to this, some people may think that there is a little too much voice-over work. Some motivational dialogue feels a bit forced and unnatural, as it doesn’t seem to be recorded in real-time.
Peloton is known for its competition element that stems from leaderboards. Currently, the Peloton scenic rides don’t have this feature, nor does it automatically change the resistance for you.
You will definitely enjoy Peloton scenic rides without these features, but they would take the experience to the next level.
Guided Peloton Scenic Rides List – Updated October 2022
The guided Peloton scenic rides are a great way to stay motivated, as they feature an instructor on screen. The instructors talk you through the workout, just like a spin class. The instructor has also selected the music playlist to put their personal spin on the class and help keep the energy up.
Currently, as of October 2022, there are seven guided Peloton scenic rides with instructors to choose from:
Time-Based Peloton Scenic Rides Lists – Updated October 2022
Time-based Peloton scenic rides take you through a choice of locations, and you can ride for a specific amount of time. These rides can last 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
It’s worth noting at this point that time-based Peloton scenic rides are pretty basic. They just have scenery scrolling by at a constant speed, no matter how fast you pedal.
5 Minute Peloton Scenic Rides List (11 Rides)
- 5 Minute Alajuela Province Ride [NEW]
- 5 Minute Sedona Ride [NEW]
- 5 Minute Beartooth Mountain Ride [NEW]
- 5 Minute Pacific Coast Highway Ride [NEW]
- Banff National Park Ride [NEW]
- Faro, Portugal Ride [NEW]
- Monterey, California Ride [NEW]
- Hoge Veluwe National Park Ride [NEW]
- Matterhorn, Switzerland Ride [NEW]
- Yarra Bend Park Melbourne [NEW]
- Kansas City [NEW]
10 Minute Peloton Scenic Rides List (28 Rides)
- 10 Min Canberra Ride [NEW]
- Dutch Windmills Ride [NEW]
- 10 Min Melbourne Ride [NEW]
- 10 Min Paris Ride [NEW]
- 10 Min Painted Hills, Oregon Ride [NEW]
- Puerto Rico Ride [NEW]
- South of France Ride [NEW]
15 Minute Peloton Scenic Rides List (23 Rides)
- 15 Min Andalucia Ride [NEW]
- 15 Min Grand Tetons Ride [NEW]
- 15 Min Humboldt County Ride [NEW]
- 15 Min Osa Peninsula Ride [NEW]
- 15 Min Scotland Ride [NEW]
20 Minute Peloton Scenic Rides (29 Rides)
- 20 Min Algarve Coast, Portugal Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Cadiz Province, Spain Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Grazalema National Park, Spain Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Lutsen, Minnesota Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Monterey, California Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Mount Rainier National Park [NEW]
- 20 Min Oahu, Hawaii Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Olympic National Park, Washington USA Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Puerto Rico – Yunque National Forest Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Puerto Rico – Northern Coast Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Puna Coast, Hawaii Ride [NEW]
- 20 Min Kinlouch Hourn, Scotland [NEW]
- 20 Min Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan Ride [NEW]
30 Minute Peloton Scenic Rides (26 Rides)
- 30 min Big Sur, California Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Canyonlands National Park, Utah Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Eifel National Park, Germany Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Haleakala, Hawaii Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Morbihan, Brittany Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Mt Diablo State Park, California Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Oahu, Hawaii Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Rhone-Alpes, France Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Trentino, Italy Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Truckee, California Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Ushuaia, Argentina Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Westfjords Region, Iceland [NEW]
- 30 min Wheeler County, Oregon Ride [NEW]
- 30 min Western Cape, South Africa Ride [NEW]
45 Minute Peloton Scenic Rides (15 Rides)
- 45 min Barcelona, Spain Ride [NEW]
- 45 min Bolzano, Italy Ride [NEW]
- 45 min Himachal Pradesh, India Ride [NEW]
- 45 min Languedoc-Roussillon, Occitanie, France Ride [NEW]
- 45 min Mendocino County, California Ride [NEW]
- 45 min Utah, USA Ride [NEW]
- 45 min Westfjords Region, Iceland Ride [NEW]
- 45 min Whistler, British Columbia Ride [NEW]
60 Minute Peloton Scenic Rides (13 Rides)
- 60 min Boulder, Colorado Ride [NEW]
- 60 min Champagne-Ardenne, France Ride [NEW]
- 60 min Potsdam & Grunewald Forest, Germany Ride [NEW]
- 60 min Sagres, Algarve, Portugal Ride [NEW]
- 60 min Scotland Ride [NEW]
90 Minute Peloton Scenic Rides (4 Rides)
- 90 min Hoek van Holland Ride [NEW]
- 90 min Srirangapatna, India Ride [NEW]
- 90 min Olympic Valley, California [NEW]
- 90 min Huasteca Canyon, Mexico Ride [NEW]
Does Peloton Have Scenic Rides Based On Distance?
Yes, Peloton has scenic rides that see you pedaling for a specific distance rather than time. These rides are more immersive than time-based ones, thanks to the “responsive video.” This feature makes the scenery scroll faster when pedaling with a higher cadence or more effort. It will even stop if you stop pedaling, making the experience more realistic.
The great thing about the distance Peloton scenic rides is that you can make a difference in how your ride plays out. For example, you can do your best to beat your previous time.
Peloton Distance-Based Scenic Rides – The Complete List, Updated October 2022
Currently, you can ride 5 km and 10 km distance Peloton scenic rides across the following locations:
- 5K Scotland – Glencoe Ride [NEW]
- 5K Scotland – Kinloch Hourn Ride [NEW]
- 5K Puerto Rico Ride [NEW]
- 10K Scotland – Kinloch Hourn Ride [NEW]
- 10K Puerto Rico Ride [NEW]
Now You Know All About Peloton Scenic Rides…
Peloton scenic rides add an extra dynamic to your home workouts. They are fun to do and keep things varied, and there’s no doubt that they’ll evolve into something pretty special!
Why not give them a try for yourself!
Found this article helpful? Check out some of our other expert guides below!
- How To Make A Bike Stationary: DIY Exercise Bike